AI5: Final 3 performances
Thursday, May 18, 2006

So now we know that Chris Daughtry was a sore loser -- blaming his fans for not voting him enough??? What gives??? Dear Chris: Let's face it, Bo Bice is so much cooler than you are -- he didn't bat an eyelash when he lost out to country-blonde bimbo Carrie Underwood last year. Moreover, if you think you could land as the final two contestants on Idol with that warbly voice of yours, hackneyed pseudo-rock delivery and cheap rocker antics, then you better think again! grrrrrrr....!

Honestly, an ungrateful celebrity-wannabe is such a turn-off!

Well, I apologise for my sudden "rant" -- I really needed to get that out of system! LOL. Now, back to the more important stuff...


Elliot Yamin

1. Clive Davis' choice: Open Arms | 2. Paula's Choice: What I Won't Do For Love | 3. Elliot's choice: I Believe To My Soul

I don't think Clive liked Elliot very much; why then would he give the latter such a sappy song to sing?? The judges loved Elliot though, but they didn't dig him that much. Except loony Paula whose song choice for him was great actually. Technically, Elliot has got the best male vocal for this batch of AI finalists; hence, it's a wonder why his performances are never very strong or very engaging. These three songs tonight only highlight what we already know about him: that he's a really good singer. Yet, Elliot didn't seem to be giving off any extra sparks. Nevertheless, you can always trust Elliot to deliver consistent performances with whatever song Clive or the judges might throw at him.

Katharine McPhee

1. Clive Davis' choice: I Believe I Can Fly | 2. Simon's choice: Somewhere Over The Rainbow | 3. Kat's choice: I Ain't Got Nothing But The Blues

Clive must be out to get poor Kat! That stupid, vomit-inducing R Kelly song didn't suit her at all~! On the other hand, I think Simon Cowell must really want her to land in the top 2 because his pick was right on the money -- Kat was simply AMAZING! Her rendition of the Judy Garland classic gave me goosebumps! In my opinion, her third song wasn't at all as bad as what the judges made it out to be. Furthermore, logically speaking, it would have been impossible for her to top her second song... an uptempo number was definitely the way to go. And have I mentioned that Kat looked stunning tonight??? But more cleavage please next time, Kat!! :P

Taylor Hicks

1. Clive Davis' choice: Dancing In the Dark | 2. Randy's choice: You Are So Beautiful | 3. Taylor's choice: Try A Little Tenderness

It's obvious that Clive is pimping for Taylor to win Idol. Why else would he make that extra effort to call up Bruce Springteen personally to let Taylor sing one of his songs?? NOT fair, I tell you. But still, I think Taylor was really something tonight -- his dancing wasn't that barmy, for once, and he even managed some understated restraint during his second song, letting his soulful vocals take centerstage instead. That last Otis Redding number was completely unnecessary though; Taylor would have made it to the next round regardless; he is the only one of the Idol finalists left who has, throughout the entire competition, NEVER made it to bottom three/two before. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the whole thing next week actually. Somehow, the thought of having a grey-haired American Idol seems quite ludicrous but I've seen stranger things happen... ;)

Since Taylor is a sure shoe-in to the AI finale next week, I'm hoping that Kat manages to scrape through on the strength of her second song, which is indubitably, the best performance for the night.


[back to MainPage]

 Blogger.com
Haloscan
photobucket