under the weather
Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I haven't been feeling too well these last few days. Perhaps, the rigour of the fasting month, of which I'm unaccustomed to, has finally taken its toll on me. Perhaps, its the peculiar weather. Or perhaps, its the accumulated stress this past week due to an impending deadline (which is over and done with, thank goodness!). Whatever the case, when I met up with my project mates last Sunday for our discussion, I was fine but as the day progressed, my head started to throb.. until it became a splitting headache later on in the evening.

Things improved abit after iftar but come Monday morning, I had the worst cough and sore throat I've ever had (this year) and a slight cold and a temperature. By some miracle, I managed to wrap up my project and reached home just in the nick of time for iftar.

Tuesday was pretty bad. I went through tuition with a bad bad headache and that irritating cough; My kid wanted to go through some Chemistry but Acids, Bases & Salts was relatively easy, so I managed to scrape through rather decently.

This morning though, I lost my voice. When I tried to speak, a noise like the crackling and rustling of dry leaves seemed to emanate from my voice box. Moreover, it felt like someone had jammed a handful of needles down my throat! It was excruciatingly painful...

I feel much better now after drinking lots of water. And I think my cough has subsided. I really hope I'll be back in the pink of health by Friday...


[back to MainPage]

 Blogger.com
Haloscan
photobucket